We all do it! Faced with a bewildering choice we initially panic and bury our heads in the sand. My lovely wife will find the perfect dress in shop 1 but insist on visiting another 20 before returning to shop 1 to buy the perfect dress.
I even panic when buying ice-cream, there are so many flavours to choose from how will I know which one will give me the best taste experience for my money? Sadly, I end up choosing the tried and trusted flavour and never venture into the realms of ice-cream adventures.
As you can imagine, we talk to a lot of people about all things virtual and hybrid and I have seen a definite change over the past month or so from ‘how do I replace my live event’ to ‘which virtual platform shall I use’. There are a lot to choose from and all have different offerings.
It is not dissimilar to choosing a conference venue; you still need to consider a whole raft of options:
- Capacity What are the limits for visitor numbers, how many can be on video? How many exhibitors can it accept?
- Availability Do they have enough tech support on your event dates? Is there a limit to the number of events they can hold in one day?
- Functionality How can your visitors interact, are there areas for networking or for your sponsors to attract visitors?
- Suitability Does the quality of the offering fit your objectives? Can you customise the platform to make the event look and feel like your brand?
- Price How does it fit with your budget? Should I charge delegates? What fee should I set for sponsor booths?
Over the years we became a source of venue expertise for our clients on most of the major conference cities in the world. We are now in the same position for virtual conference platforms with an in-depth and practical knowledge of the virtual platform landscape.
We have built partnerships with multiple platforms providers, selected for their ability to deliver excellent engagement and networking opportunities putting us in a unique position to match our clients with the right virtual platform dependant on their event objectives.
So, if you are struggling to choose the right ice-cream from all the flavours available and want the best available experience for your money, talk to us and let us have an ice-cream adventure together.
Until next time,
Malcolm Wallace, Managing Director at Dynamic Conferences & Events Ltd